Monday, January 12, 2009

Crushing Break Right: A Photo Essay (Pt. 1)

So here comes a summary of probably my last real holiday break. The photos are a mix of mine and others, as no one can match the professionalism brought by Vanessa and Andy's iTouch.

I came into town the night of the 22nd, and met up with Dave n Andy at their place. Much of the weeknights would be spent at their place, because let's face it, that is one bro-pad. And there was a lot of bacon. I think the bacon motivated all jokes, good times, and high fives during this time period. Rob and I made it to the Wu-Tang show on the 26th, which was a stellar time. Rob got super drunk and blacked out part of their set, as we got there at 8pm and they went on super late around 11:30. Did I say there was a bar there? There was a bar there, and that's why we were drunk. Some highlights were definitely seeing Ghostface really into their set, as he was kind of a background dude at their Rock the Bells show. Cappadonna came into the crowd, and everyone in the world was wearing Steelers gear. I forgot how great that aspect of Pittsburgh is. When the Steelers are rocking, the gear gets mega-rocked. This was reflected in my Christmas presents as 60% of them were Steeler related, including a steeler themed ice pack/heat pad. Anyways, seeing Wu in a club setting ruled. I paid for my ticket through Rob's drinks and cabs, and I had paid back the $60 in an hour I think.

Vanessa came in the night before the Steeler game (12/27), and I tried to make it to John and Joey's show but was commited to watching a movie with Mike Wolk. I met up with some Central dudes that night, and was able to get like 6 hours of sleep before the massive Steelers day. Now we can hit off this photo essay right.

Myself, Drew, K2, Peter, and Vanessa got there around 9:15 and the weather was a little rough, but we came prepared. I think for the first 1.5 hours it was just us till Dave and Andy showed up, and then Rob, Jay, Joey, and Jenna like 45 minutes before we left for the stadium. C. Watts showed up too, and it was truly a Steelers reunion.


Yessir, we were rockin for sure. Joey is sporting the age 12 T-Bone snowboarding gear.



The game was pretty fun, everyone was laidback and just hoping for a swift crushing of the brownies. It sort of went like that, as Ben went down hard. That sucked.

One million dollars were spent on beers, or possibly cups of liquid gold. Cause that's what they cost! Ha ha ha! Got into it a little with the dude in front of me who was convinced Leftwich and Mwelde were the future for this team's playoff run. In your face, ugly.


One day later Joe and I visited Dave and D at work, and thoroughly enjoyed my berry milkshake alcoholic drink. And the pot stickers. And the knowledgeable barkeep! After that Dave and I decided to wait till Tuesday morn to drive up to Ktopia, so we had a good bye night for Kyle at Silky's. We also sung christmas carols and lost 50 games of darts in a row. But M.I.A. came on the jukebox so really it was a victory for everyone.


Tensions were high.... TBC!!!

No comments: