Thursday, October 2, 2008

I like your voice the way it is, Kanye.

I wouldn't look for too much serious stuff in this post if my blog suddenly became popular amongst lean production enthusiasts after last post.

Just downloaded T.I.'s new album, Paper Trail, and it's not too bad. I think probably better than TI vs. TIP, but not up to King status. Looks like he is trying some new things, and the fact that he churned out 50 songs for this album so quickly (I remember his last album came out Spring 2007) makes me think that more rappers should try being on house arrest. One glaringly awful note about this album is the ruined potential of the Kanye/Lil Wayne/Jay-Z track. Kanye produced the track, which is ok, but guess what? Weezy and Kanye get crazy with the Auto Tune (think T-Pain) and I have to grind my teeth until Jay-Z crushes the track. The worst part about the auto tune effect, other than it sucking, is that Kanye is choosing to beat it to death. I couldn't even listen to more than half of his new "Love Lockdown" single, and makes me worry about how much it's going to surface on his new album. Please, stop stop stop stop stop stop stop. Didn't you hear DJ Boogie threaten to "switch to country" because of this? What would we do without Boogie's 4Play@4??

In other news, Penguins start this weekend! But now Gonchar is out for 4-6 months, which is not good since Whitney is out until December I think. Northwest and Mid-Atlantic regionals is also this weekend. I'm sure Forge will pull off a major upset with Joey's emotional reassurances on the sideline. Think we are headed to the Pirmanti's of the west for the Steeler game, and hopefully Najeh Davenport won't have another eliptical accident before the game.

One sick pic from the facebook vaults:

Bam!